NatWest mortgages are available to over 18s. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Am I eligible to apply for a 95% mortgage?
- for a property valued no more than £600,000
- on a property not classed as a new build property
- a loan-to-value (LTV) of between 91% and 95%
- a deposit between 5-9%
- a residential mortgage (i.e. not a buy-to-let property)
- a repayment mortgage and not an interest-only mortgage.
What is a 95% mortgage?
- A 95% mortgage, also known as a 95% loan-to-value (LTV) mortgage, is a mortgage to purchase a property with a small deposit (at least 5% but less than 10% deposit of the purchase price).
- Your deposit is the amount of money that you need to put into the mortgage to make up 100% of the final purchase price.
How to apply for a 5% deposit mortgage
You can either apply online, over the phone or by video call.
Before you apply for a 95% mortgage, you’ll first need an Agreement in Principle, which takes less than 10 minutes.
Then, if you're confident in your choice of mortgage and happy to take responsibility for the mortgage you've chosen, you can apply online or, if you'd like some advice, you can book an appointment with one of our mortgage professionals.
What is the maximum LTV currently offered?
- Currently NatWest offers a maximum LTV of 95% for a mortgage.
- To get a 95% LTV mortgage, you would need to have a mortgage deposit of at least 5% of the agreed purchase price of the house you wish to buy.
With the deposit you have, find out how much you could borrow, what house prices you could afford and what your monthly mortgage payments could be with our mortgage calculator.
Are 95% mortgages only for first time buyers?
No, 91-95% mortgages are also available to people moving home (residential properties only, not for second properties) as well as first time buyers.
Buying your first home?
It can be daunting when you are looking to buy your first home. There are lots of things to think about and consider.
Why not take a look at our first time buyer guide to help get you on the path to buying your own home.