If you are not on our Standard Variable Rate (which has no restrictions on the amount you can overpay), there may be a maximum value amount you can overpay each year without incurring an Early Repayment Charge. For more information please refer to your most recent mortgage offer.
To illustrate savings, we have made the following assumptions:
- The amount you currently pay is based on either your previous monthly payment or the information you have entered.
- Monthly overpayments are made and remain constant throughout the mortgage term.
- The interest rate will remain the same or the term of the mortgage.
- Months are of 12 equal lengths so the monthly interest will not differ.
- Repayment amounts are rounded up or down accordingly to the nearest £1 for display purposes.
- The potential reduction in time to repay your mortgage is presented as years/months. The figure is rounded up or down accordingly for display purposes.
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only. It does not provide a precise calculation of the time or interest you could save, but is intended to give you information and guidance about the potential savings. Please note the calculator does not factor in any charges for early repayments of the total mortgage balance and is based on a capital repayment mortgage. This overpayment calculator does not include all of the information that you need to select or compare mortgages. Please request a Mortgage Illustration before you choose a mortgage.
Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.