The NatWest Invest Junior ISA is a Stocks & Shares ISA. The value of investments can fall as well as rise, and you may not get back the full amount you invest. Eligibility criteria, fees and charges apply.
Invest for your child's future
Most 18-year-olds can only dream of saving towards a first house deposit, or being able to leave university debt free. With a NatWest Invest Junior ISA, we could help make those dreams a reality. Start investing little and often and build for the future. Choose from five ready-made funds managed by Coutts investment managers, so you don't have to.
Why choose Junior ISA?
- No UK Income or Capital Gains Tax to be paid.
- The Junior ISA allowance is £9,000 per child for the current tax year.
- Invest an initial lump sum from £50, or set up a regular monthly contribution from just £10.
- Top up any time from £10.
- If you have parental responsibility for a child you can open a NatWest Invest Junior ISA for them if they are under age 14 and living in the UK.
- The person applying on behalf of the child must be aged 18 or over.
- The account will be in the name of your child, but cannot be withdrawn until they turn 18.
- If your child already has a Child Trust Fund (CTF) or a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA held elsewhere and you want to open a NatWest Invest Junior ISA, you will need to transfer it to us first.
- If your child already holds a NatWest Invest Junior ISA with us before October 2019, you can find out about options available to you here.
Tax reliefs referred to are those applied under current legislation, which may change. The availability and value of any tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances.
How your child's Junior ISA could grow
A Junior ISA is an investment in your child's future. Choose how much you'd like to put into one and see how much it might make.
1. Five ready-made funds
Find out more about our five funds in more detail below.
2. Have you invested before?
These forecasts show what you could get back in different market conditions and aren’t a guarantee of a set return. Please be aware that investing is always a risk and there’s a chance you’ll get back less than you put in.
Where your money is invested
This chart gives you an indication of where this fund invests over the long-term. This mix can and will change
Download your documents
Key investor information
How do the fees work?
Platform fee: 0.15%
This covers the cost of administration and online access to your NatWest Invest account. The maximum you will pay is 0.15% of the value of your investment each year.
Fund ongoing charge: 0.40%
This covers the cost of managing your investment. The maximum you will pay is 0.40% of the value of your investment each year.
Transaction Costs: 0.07%
This is the cost of buying and selling shares and other investments that make up the fund. The fund manager estimates, based on actual past costs, that the highest costs that will be incurred for any of the available funds will be 0.07% of the value of the fund each year. These costs will be deducted by the fund manager from the fund’s assets.
Data accurate as of November 2022. Rates may change.
What other people ask us:
Learn more about investments
Whether you’re an experienced investor or just finding out what investing is, we’ve got a range of articles to help you understand more about investing.
We regularly update our articles depending on what’s happening in the market so check back for future updates.