Our privacy notice and your personal information
National Westminster Bank plc is responsible for protecting your personal info as carefully as we protect your money.
This summary explains how we collect and use your personal info to help you and our business. We suggest downloading this page.
How we get your info and what we use it for
Your info helps protect you and us from fraud. It also helps us check it’s really you. We may also ask you to consider using other identification methods like biometrics (your fingerprint or voice).
We collect your info in different ways, like:
- Collecting basic info such as name, address and phone number from your application
- When you bank with us online or using the NatWest app
- From third party companies (such as other NatWest Group companies, credit reference agencies or public sources)
We use your info in different ways, like:
- Using your health info to help you access our services more easily, like sending statements in braille if you need it
- Offering you the right products and services – your info also helps us improve how we serve you
- Sharing info about criminal activity with other organisations to stop and detect crime, and to obey laws relating to money laundering, fraud, and terrorist financing
- Helping make the bank run smoothly. Thank you.
For more details about the types of info we use and where we get it from, please see sections 2 and 3 in our full privacy notice.
Why do you share my info?
We share your info so we can:
- Protect you
- Check your identity
- Make sure you have the right products for your needs
- Prevent fraud and money laundering
- Help us comply with laws, manage our risk and protect our business
For more details about who we share your info with, please see Section 7 of our full privacy notice.
We need your info to provide you with the right products and services for you, but you have clear rights over what we do with that info. They’re not all included here but you’re able to:
- Get a copy of your personal info
- Ask us to correct or update wrong info
- Ask us to stop using your info in some cases
- Ask for a review of a decision that has been made automatically, like if a loan has been refused
- Stop marketing that uses your personal info
- Make a complaint to us about how we’ve used your personal info and then to the Information Commissioners office (ICO) if you’re still not happy
For more info about all your rights please see section 4 of our full privacy notice or please call us:Phone NatWest: 03457 888 444. Overseas number: +44 3457 888 444.Relay UK: 18001 03457 888 444
How long do you keep my info?
We don’t keep your info for longer than we need to, which is usually up to ten years after you close all your accounts.
Sometimes we need to keep it longer (for example due to an investigation by the police).
To find out more about how long we keep your info, please see Section 12 of our full privacy notice.