Here are some of the suggestions Jim and Heidi had for UK business owners:
1. Look into installing solar panels or other sources of renewable energy. These could not only reduce your energy costs but could ensure that the energy you’re using is produced in a much more sustainable way.
2. Don’t forget the basics, like “lights off, monitors off” This is a good way to cut back on energy use and doesn’t cost anything to implement.
3. Investigate the efficiency of your current heating system. Could a relatively small upfront cost like a new boiler or boiler add-on like Hydro Genie Systems save you money in the future?
4. Look at electric and hybrid options if your business is heavily reliant on fleet vehicles. There may be an upfront cost to make the switch, but it might be worth it in the long run.
5. Check out which grants and incentives are available to you before making any kind of capital investment to reduce your energy bill.