Discover a more sustainable future with NatWest Carbon Planner
Reducing emissions for your business is challenging. With limited resources and multiple priorities, it can be hard to decide where to focus your efforts.
Carbon Planner is free and could support you to become a more sustainable and climate conscious organisation, and help you to identify potential cost and carbon savings too. Use it to measure your carbon footprint by answering a few questions, get tailored actions and start building a plan to reduce your emissions.
NatWest Carbon Planner is launching in Summer 2022.
How it works
Who’s it for?
While any UK business could use the tool, you’ll get the most from it if:
- your annual turnover is above £2m
- you're able to access it on a desktop computer
- you're interested in taking action to reduce your carbon emissions
You’ll be using the first version of the tool, which we’re improving and developing based on feedback. So you could help shape the future of the tool (as well as the planet) as you use it.
How it could help you
- Designed to save you time and guide you on your climate journey, we’ll give you the know-how to understand the impact of your day-to-day activities
- We’ve worked with trusted partners who are experts in their field
- You’ll be able to prioritise actions you could take to reduce emissions
- Easily share data with key stakeholders to help influence change
- The tool connects commercial strategy and climate transition with future fitness, supporting you to reduce inefficiencies and costs
- Access to resources, solutions and products to plan for a more sustainable future
- Gain more confidence in your climate action decisions
- Inspire your workforce to get behind a bespoke action plan and integrate climate into your day-to-day activities
What users say
Over the last year we’ve talked to over 1000 organisations to help shape the direction of the service. Here’s some general themes that came out of these discussions…
- Provided a much-needed starting point for organisations and has united whole workforces to work towards a shared climate goal
- Encouraged organisations to review their ways of working and highlighted day-to-day activities that contribute most to their carbon footprint
- Suggested surprising, unique and new actions that organisations hadn’t considered before
- Presented quick wins to help organisations lower their emissions as well as potential long term cost reductions
Why are NatWest launching Carbon Planner?
Tackling climate change and helping people, families and businesses with the transition to a low-carbon economy is a key part of our purpose-led approach to banking. We’re setting ambitious targets, doing all we can to reduce our own carbon footprint. We’ve committed to having net zero emissions by 2050 and in 2021 we reduced our direct emissions by 46%.
More than half of the UK’s carbon reduction ambition could be delivered by UK businesses and we want to support other organisations in their climate journeys.
How do we work everything out?
We’ve worked with Green Element, an environmental management consultancy with over 20 years of experience, to ensure we are aligning with sustainable best practice. We have also worked with other third parties to develop the tool, including consultancies and academic experts. We’ve tapped into their knowledge to calculate an estimate of your organisation's carbon footprint and suggest tailored actions to reduce your emissions. In addition, our in-house team of climate experts and data scientists are working hard to continue to develop and improve the tool, making sure the insights generated stay relevant.
NatWest Group does not receive any fees from Green Element for organisations that subsequently purchase products or services from Green Element.