Named the best bookkeeping software for UK small businesses*, FreeAgent online accounting software is designed for accountants, bookkeepers and their small business clients. Over 100,000 customers use FreeAgent to monitor cashflow, send invoices, record expenses and much more.
Your clients who have a business current account can access the full version of FreeAgent for free, as long as they retain their bank account. When you sign up as a FreeAgent Partner, you’ll get free access to your own Practice Dashboard, which allows you to manage all your clients from one place.
*Voted the UK's best SME Accounts/Bookkeeping Software 2021, AccountingWEB Software Awards
Business banking is available to eligible customers who are over 18 and have the right to be self-employed in the UK.
Additional benefits for accountants and bookkeepers
When you add your first client to your Practice Dashboard, you’ll gain access to the following benefits:
- Migration support to get you and your clients set up on FreeAgent
- Free training to help you and your team become FreeAgent accredited
- Promotion of your practice on the FreeAgent accountant directory
- Help from a dedicated account manager and a specialist Practice Support team
If you have 10 or more active clients using FreeAgent, you can access further benefits as part of the Partner Programme.
How FreeAgent supports your practice
- Manage your clients at a glance from your Practice Dashboard
- Set individual user access levels for each client
- File Self Assessment and VAT returns directly to HMRC
- Final Accounts and Corporation Tax return filing for limited company micro-entities
- Run bulk payroll and submit RTI directly to HMRC
How FreeAgent supports your clients
- iOS and Android mobile apps to manage business admin on the go
- User-friendly interface with clear summaries of cashflow and profit and loss
- Open Banking bank feeds to securely import clients’ bank transactions
- Multi-currency banking, invoices, bills and expenses
- Market-leading integrations with software providers such as Shopify and PayPal
Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT
FreeAgent is committed to being ready for the next stages of Making Tax Digital, including MTD for VAT in 2022 and MTD for Income Tax Self Assessment in 2026. FreeAgent automatically generates MTD-compatible VAT returns that users can submit directly to HMRC from the software.
Clients can connect their bank accounts
Your clients can connect their bank accounts to FreeAgent to automatically and securely import all of their daily bank transactions via an Open Banking bank feed. Track incomings and outgoings, link invoices to payments and view interactive charts.