Get started with our start-up account today
When you bank with us, you’re getting more than just an account. You’ll get
- Free banking for the first 18 months.
- Free access to the UK's best bookkeeping software for SMEs* as long as you retain your account. Discover FreeAgent
*Voted the UK's best SME Accounts/Bookkeeping Software 2021, AccountingWEB Software Awards
- Free digital and event-based learning to help move your business forward. Join our Business Builder community.
- Local Enterprise Managers to help you take the next steps. Meet your Local Manager.
- Free access to employment law, HR, and health & safety. Learn more about Mentor Digital.
The Start up business account is available for businesses that have been trading for less than 1 year and have a turnover of less than £1m. It is available for eligible customers who are over 18 and have the right to be self-employed in the UK. We reserve the right to change or withdraw the start up offer without prior notice.
Free banking means the charges for the day-to-day running of your account (known as your service charge) won’t apply during the free banking period. At the end of this period, you’ll be automatically moved to the standard tariff which is detailed in our Business account charges brochure. Charges for “unarranged borrowing” and “additional charges” aren’t part of the free banking offer. This is based on our current pricing. Our charges may vary from time to time and you will be notified of any changes prior to them taking effect.”
Take your business further, faster
Want to scale your business? The free NatWest Accelerator programme could help you do more. It’ll empower and support you to reach your goals with one-to-one coaching, a programme of thought leadership and events, access to a peer network, focussed help from experts and modern co-working spaces that you can use. Want to find out more about how you can get involved?