Joint bank accounts
To apply for any of these accounts, you must be 18+ and a UK resident. Specific account criteria and eligibility apply.
Switch to NatWest and get our £200 offer
- Apply online or via our mobile app to switch a current account held elsewhere into a NatWest account from 14th February 2023 to receive our offer of £200.
- Deposit £1,250 into your account and log into our mobile banking app within 60 days. App eligibility criteria apply.
- Joint Account holders are only eligible for one payment of £200 per account. If either account holder has previously received an incentive from NatWest Group, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Accounts must be opened in a sole name before being made joint, and it is not possible to switch a joint account into a sole account. So if you are looking to switch a joint account into us, you will need to wait for the joint account process to complete before requesting the switch.
- When you meet these conditions we’ll pay £200 into your eligible account within 7 days. Offer can be withdrawn or amended at any time.
Switch offer T&Cs apply (PDF, 166KB)
Current Account Switch Guarantee (PDF, 39KB)
What does a joint bank account mean?
Having a joint bank account is the same as having your own, except two people have control and responsibility over the account, including any arranged overdraft (subject to approval).
Both people can spend money from the account, and we'll give you a contactless Visa debit card each. You'll also be able to manage your joint bank account together using our Mobile Banking app, or via Online Banking.
Types of joint bank account
You can set up a joint bank account with a range of our savings and current account products, excluding Student and Adapt (child) accounts;
NatWest Select - our basic everyday banking account, with the features you'd expect from a standard account, and no fee.
Our Reward current accounts - earn £4 a month back in Rewards for two or more Direct Debits - two of those Direct Debits needs to be at least £2 each. Plus, earn an extra £1 a month back in Rewards with one mobile app log in. You can also earn at least 1% on spend with our Partner Retailers. Some Reward accounts also include additional benefits, such as mobile phone insurance and travel insurance. Monthly fees apply.
Premier bank accounts - these accounts provide benefits for higher net worth customers to help you get the most from your finances.
Joint savings accounts - a joint savings account can help you save together. Using our mobile app, you can set up a goal and track your joint progress towards a dream holiday, or perhaps a rainy day fund. To apply for a joint savings account, you'll both need to already hold a current account with us.
Learn more about joint savings accounts
How to set up a joint bank account online
Opening a joint bank account with NatWest may include a few extra steps than when you're opening an account on your own. But we try to keep it simple, you'll need to add the party to your new or existing current account.