We have assisted numerous SSAs across a wide range of ESG-related transactions. In particular, we have gained experience in supporting sovereigns in their Green Bond market debuts, in the long and short end of the curve, participating in landmark transaction such as:
- Italy’s inaugural 25yrs Green bond
- The UK’s 30yrs Green Gilt, becoming the longest dated sovereign Green Bond at the time, or more recently
- The German 5-year Green Federal Note
We are also a longstanding partner of key frequent SSA issuers such as KfW, EIB, EU (SURE and NGEU), World Bank, CADES and Société du Grand Paris, being a recurrent lead manager in their GSS bond transactions in EUR, USD or GBP.
Furthermore, we are proud to have reached top positions in structuring and arranging Green, Social and Sustainability Bonds across multiple currencies:
- We are the #7 bookrunner for Green SSA issuance in Europe
- We are #5 bookrunner for French Agencies GSS Bonds (ex CADES)
- We are #4 bookrunner for EUR Green Bond issuance from Supranationals and Agencies
Source: Dealogic (as at Q3 2022)
At NatWest, we recognise the interlinkage of a customer’s sustainability strategy and reporting and its impact on ESG ratings and investors’ ESG scorecards, and as a result are providing a dedicated service that guides customers to optimise their communication and interaction with various stakeholders.