Supporting customers in a diverse range of sectors
We support our customers by:
- Providing non-recourse finance tailored to the customer’s needs through long term lending, short term bridges and acquisition facilities, construction facilities, subordinated lending (amongst others), for investments in the sectors that we operate in.
- Structuring and underwriting complex and multiparty project financings across the EUR and GBP markets.
- Advising on raising debt across bank and capital markets to support project investments utilising our market leading Private Placement and capital markets platform.
- Working closely with our best in class corporate risk solutions to structure hedging solutions across rates, inflation and FX.
Finance is subject to status. Security may be required. Product fees may apply.
Our team operates across the following sectors:
- Renewable power generation including solar, onshore/offshore wind, biomass & energy from waste and hydro.
- Energy sector infrastructure including metering, energy storage and interconnectors and thermal generation.
- North Sea Oil & Gas reserves and mid-stream infrastructure.
- Broadband fibre and other telecoms infrastructure.
With a proven track record in financing energy projects since 1991, we have been a leading lender to the UK power and renewables sector over the last 10 years – by total number of transactions over that period* – with depth and breadth of experience across all technologies.
We’ve led the development of financing solutions for new technologies such as smart metering, fibre broadband, anaerobic digestion, establishing the team as the leading finance partner for development of UK greenfield infrastructure .
Our team comprises 5 highly experienced senior individuals with over 90 years of experience in infrastructure and project finance, supported by a pool of 14 committed associates/ analysts.
*Source: Inframation Deals (Acuris). Based on the aggregated totals for the United Kingdom for the 10yr period 03/12/2010-03/12/2020.
Our areas of expertise
- All project finance lending activities, including structuring and underwriting.
- Debt advisory for raising finance across bank and institutional markets for our highlighted sectors, including Ratings Advisory.
- Distribution across EUR and GBP public markets, and US and European private placements markets.
To discuss your business requirements and how NatWest could support you, contact us today:
Joe Taylor - Head of Project and Specialist Asset Finance
Alberto Abascal - Managing Director, Project Finance