What type of account are you looking for?
The basic everyday bank account that helps you take action.
- No hassle: easy to set up, simple to use, and zero monthly fee.
- Save the change: watch the pennies add up (and up and up) with Round Ups and a linked instant access savings account. Criteria applies.
- Get closer to your dreams: monitor your progress with spend tracking and budgeting.
- Your day-to-day made easy: with Split the Bill, 24/7 support, and cardless cash withdrawals. Criteria and limits apply to these features.
Must be 18+ UK resident to apply.
Cha-ching! Get money back on your everyday spend with over 20 retailers for only £2 a month.
- Earn £4 a month in Rewards for 2 or more direct debits of at least £2.
- Earn £1 a month in Rewards just by logging into our mobile app.
- Earn from 1% back in Rewards when you spend at our partner retailers.
- Earn Rewards as cash back into your account or e-gift codes with our retail partners.
Must be 18+, UK resident, and pay in £1,250 to an eligible NatWest account every month. T&Cs apply.
Student, child & teen accounts
Student bank account
The one that makes studenting easier.
- NatWest offer a 4-year tastecard. Offer T&Cs apply.
- 18 or older? Interest-free overdraft - get an overdraft of up to £2,000 from year one (Limited to £500 in term one year one), with an instant online decision. Students can apply for up to £3,250 interest-free from year three onwards.
- Fee free.
Specific account eligibility criteria apply. Overdraft subject to eligibility.
Child & Teen
Looking for a kid's account?
- Current account with a contactless debit card for 11-17 year olds.
- Earn 2.70% AER / 2.67% Gross p.a. (variable) interest on your balance.
- Apple Pay (if you're 13+) and Google Pay™ (if you're 13+). Limits apply.
Rooster Money (3-17 year olds)
- Parent-managed pocket money app for 3-17 year olds.
- Set allowances and track your kids' spending and saving.
Eligibility criteria, fees & charges may apply. T&Cs apply (PDF, 100KB).
Other current accounts
Share your banking
A joint bank account could make sense if you're looking to share your Select or Reward account with someone you trust.
A straightforward account
If you're not eligible for the bank account you are applying for, you might be offered the Foundation account instead. You can't apply directly for this account.
Access extra perks
Enjoy a host of exciting benefits with our Premier current accounts.
Specific account and Premier eligibility criteria apply.
For existing customers
Upgrade your existing NatWest current account to a packaged account. Specific account eligibility criteria apply.
£10 monthly fee
- European travel insurance.
- Mobile phone insurance.
- Fee-free foreign card purchases.
- Plus, all the benefits of the Reward account.
£20 monthly fee
- Worldwide travel insurance.
- UK car breakdown cover.
- Includes all Reward Silver's benefits too.
Business bank accounts
Whether you’re just starting out in business, or you’ve been running a business for longer, we could have an account to help you go further and do more. There’s support from business experts, specialist programmes to help you grow and expertise to tap into so you can succeed.
Business banking is available to eligible customers, over 18 who have the right to be self-employed in the UK.
Bank whenever, wherever
Easy, secure, quick banking with our highly-rated app.
- Secure login using your fingerprint or facial recognition on selected devices.
- Freeze and unfreeze your card whenever you need.
- Turn on Round Ups to save money effortlessly.
- Use Split the Bill to get your mates to pay you back for that lunch.
App Store and Google Play Store™ ratings correct as of 6th of February 2023.
Banking made better
Protecting your money
Eligible deposits with us are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK's deposit guarantee scheme.
Switch to NatWest
With another bank? The Current Account Switch Service will move everything from your old account over to us in 7 working days. Let us know in your application if you want to switch and when to get the ball rolling. Click the link below to find out more.